NEW ANGLIA MANUSCRIPT PRIZE
SEEKING THE Best new writing from NORFOLK & SUFFOLK
NEW ANGLIA MANUSCRIPT PRIZE
Sponsored by the National Centre for Writing
We are delighted to announce that the following manuscripts have been shortlisted for the 2023 New Anglia Manuscript Prize:
- THE HOLLOW HOURS by Mikela Bond
- STREET SWEEPER by Bren Gosling
- FUNK by Adam Leeder
- MISPERS by Hannah Upton
The winning manuscript will be announced on 1st March 2023.
Sponsored by the National Centre for Writing in Norwich, the New Anglia Manuscript Prize recognises the best new writing from Suffolk and Norfolk in the form of a debut work from an unpublished writer. The winner will receive £500 and representation from Laxfield Literary Associates.
The New Anglia Manuscript Prize is open to any writer based in Norfolk or Suffolk. We welcome unpublished manuscripts across a variety of genres: we are keen to receive fiction, memoir, travel writing, nature writing and non-fiction entries.
(Please note that we do not represent YA/children’s titles and such entries will not be considered for the Prize).
HOW TO ENTER:
- Include the title of your manuscript in the subject heading of your email.
- Include your full name, address, email address and phone number on the first page of your manuscript.
- Please send a one-page synopsis of your novel in a separate Word document.
- Please send a WORD DOCUMENT (not PDF) of your work, 1.5 spaced with margins.
- The closing date for entries is Wednesday 30th November 2022. Early submissions are appreciated and encouraged.
- Chris Gribble, Chief Executive, National Centre for Writing, Norwich
- Phoebe Morgan, Publisher, Crime & Thriller, Hodder & Stoughton
- Emma Shercliff, Director, Laxfield Literary Associates
- 1st October 2022: Submissions open
- 30th November 2022: Submissions close
- 1st February 2023: Shortlist agreed
- 1st March 2023: Winner announced
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the eligibility and entry rules carefully before beginning the submission process. Submission of an entry is taken as acceptance of entry rules.
1. The New Anglia Manuscript Prize competition is open to unpublished, unagented writers who live in Norfolk or Suffolk.
2. There is no charge to enter the competition.
3. Entries that are submitted after the deadline of midnight on 30th November 2022 (UK time) will not be considered.
4. The work must be the entrant’s own creation and not infringe upon the right or copyright of any person or entity.
5. Entries should be completed manuscripts with a minimum word count of 30,000 words. There is no maximum word limit.
6. The manuscript must be written in English
7. The manuscript can be in a work of fiction or non-fiction, including nature writing and memoir. Poetry, plays and children’s books will not be considered.
8. There are no age restrictions.
9. Email submissions should be in Word document format.
10. The winners will be notified by email on the day of the announcement.
11. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
12. No editorial feedback will be offered to unsuccessful entrants.
13. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judging process.
14. The winning entry will receive £500 and representation from Laxfield Literary Associates.